top of page
Health Daoyin 健身导引
Meditation & Stretching in Motion
A new vision of Wellness, Integrating Tradition with Medical Science
Special thanks to the Dana Home Foundation for the generous financial support for Daoyin Health Teaching Program
Flow is the soul of Daoyin
Medical Daoyin is a unique form of mind body practice, characterized by the integration of meditation and stretching in motion, founded in 2011 by Dr. Jing Liu, PhD, Lic. Ac. and a previous physician, who integrated the concepts of meditation, Taiji and stretching with clinical medical science.
Daoyin was the ancient name of QiGong, started 1200 years ago in China, originally with the contents of meditation (Qigong) and stretching techniques in an attempt to harmonize wellbeing of both the mind and the body. Daoyin Health Society,
DHS is a non-profit organization with the mission of promoting Daoyin for the public. Over 10,000 trainees have engaged our training program. The primary observed benefits include: improved flexibility and range of motion, increased energy and vitality, reduced pain (including chronic pain), improved balance and coordination, reduced stress and anxiety, and happier mood.
The practice of Daoyin is not only for self-healing but also enjoyable.
Essential Principles of Taiji Daoyin
Daoyin stretching and exercise follows the principles of:
1. Abdominal breathing, expanding diaphragm while inhaling.
2. Stretching the body while exhaling and relaxing while inhaling, particularly the spine.
3. Spine is the center of the motions. Using the spine to lead shoulder and arm motions; and the spine spiral motions are driven by the hip.
4. Different from the stationary stretching, Daoyin stretching is in motion and always on the orbits of circles or spirals.
5. Movements are as gentle and calm as water flowing.
6. Yin and Yang motions; a pair of opposite directions of motions is required to keep the physical balance.
7. Mind and body integration through breathing and inner vision training.
Daoyin Senior Meditation Teaching Program
Sponsored by Dana Home Foundation
FREE Daoyin Learning Program for Seniors!
Sponsored by a generous grant from Dana Home Foundation
And a partnership with Lexington Community Center
New Schedule for Seniors in 2024
Daoyin Senior Meditation Teaching Program of Lexington, MA
Coach: Annie Liu
Saturdays: 10:00 - 11:00am
Coach: Hannah Li
Registration: Call (781) 698-4800
Lexington Community Center, 39 Marrett Rd, Lexington, MA 02421
The Daoyin meditation and exercise classes improve the mind-body health, including circulation, balance, calmness and vitality; also may benefit the immune function and overall quality of life.
Special thanks to the Dana Home Foundation for the financial support for Daoyin Health Teaching Program of Seniors of Lexington
bottom of page